You42, Inc. is focused on the global distribution of entertainment and artist-controlled content. Creating and sharing content is critical at You42. When you use You42, you’ll share some information with us. We understand this can affect your privacy. We want to be upfront about the information we collect, how we use it, whom we share it with, and the choices we give you to control, access, and update your information.
Information We Collect
We collect information to provide, understand, and improve our Services for our community. Depending on which Services you use, we collect different kinds of information, including:
- Information that you provide and your activity. We collect your basic account information when you sign up for an account. We also collect the content, activity, and other information that you provide when using our Services. This includes, how you interact with the Services, such as the log activity and details of your comments, posts, ratings, favorites, played media, uploaded media, and more. This also includes how you communicate with others, such as your messages and interactions.
- Information that others provide and their activity. We collect the content, activity, and other information that others provide when using our Services, including information about you, such as when they share content with you, send a message to you, or otherwise interact while using our Services.
- Your community. We collect information about the people, fans, and artists that you are connected to and how you interact with them. We also collect contact information that you provide if you upload, sync or import this information.
- Your payment information. If you use our Services for purchases or financial transactions, we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes your payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, and other account and authentication information, as well as billing, shipping and contact details.
- Your camera and storage. Many of our Services require us to collect audio, images, or video from your device’s camera or storage. You may not be able to upload such content without providing us access to your device and such content.
- Your device and network information. We collect device-specific information, such as your: operating system, hardware version, device settings, file names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers. We also collect your connection-specific information, such as: the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
- Your location information. You may choose to share your geo-location details when using our location-based Services. If you have provided your location details but would no longer like to share that information, you may opt out of those Services through the Site’s account settings, your App preferences, or on your mobile device. We will only share your geo-location details with third parties (like our mapping providers) for the sole purpose of providing you with those Services.
- Your information from third-parties. Some members or visitors may connect to You42 or register a You42 account using an external third-party application or website, such as Facebook. You42 may receive data from those connected third-party applications or websites. Connecting your You42 account to third-party applications or services is optional, and when you connect your account to an external app, you will be granting You42 permission to receive information from the third-party applications. If you have chosen to connect your account to an external, third-party application, such as Facebook, you can change your settings and remove permission for the app by changing your account settings.
We collect information when you visit or use third-party websites and apps that use our Services. This includes information about the websites and apps that you visit, your use of our Services on those websites and apps, as well as information the developer or publisher of the app or website provides to you or us.
We may combine information collected through third-party sources with what we have collected about you.
We collect information about you from companies that are owned or operated by You42, in accordance with their respective terms and policies.
How We Use Collected Information
We use the information that we gather from you to continuously improve our Services and support. We use this information in a variety of ways, including to:
- Develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our Services.
- Communicate, contact, and share marketing materials with you.
- Monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- Personalize the Services, which may include suggestions, or customizing the content we show you.
- Improve ad targeting and measurement.
- Enhance the safety and security of our Services.
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- Use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance our Services.
- Enforce our Terms of Service and other policies.
- Store some information locally on your device.
How Information Is Shared
Information about you is shared in the following ways:
- With those you interact with. We may share your username and information about how you’ve interacted with the Services. Content you post or create will be shared in accordance with your personal settings and the type of Service that you are using. For example, when you use our Services, you may choose the audience who can see what you share by selecting an option such as post to Public, Friends, or Followers. Keep in mind that Public activity may be available to anyone on or off our Services. In some cases, people you share and communicate with may download or re-share your content with others on and off our Services.
- Things others share about you. Other users may use our Services to share posts about you, and share content from you with the audience they choose. For example, people may share your content, mention you in a post, or share information about you that you shared with them.
- Information you share with third-parties. The Services may also contain third-party links and search results, include third-party integrations, or offer a co-branded or third-party-branded service. By going to those links, using the third-party integration, or using a co-branded or third-party-branded service, you may be providing information directly to the third-party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party website or service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our Services.
- Information we share with third parties. We may share your information with the following third parties:
- Advertising and analytics services. We want advertising on our Services to be as relevant as possible. We may use all the information that we have about you to present you with ads that you are interested in. We do not share your personally identifiable information, like your name or email, with advertising, measurement or analytics partners unless you give us permission.
- Legal needs. We may also share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- Comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
- Investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violation.
- Protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others.
- Detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
Business needs. If You42, Inc. is involved in a merger, asset sale, acquisition, financing, liquidation, or bankruptcy of all or some portion of the business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
Information we share with our affiliates. We may share your information with entities within the You42, Inc. family of companies.
Information we share in the aggregate or after de-identification. We may also share with third parties, such as advertisers, aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Control Over Your Information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide the following options:
Access and Updates. If you are a registered user of our Services, we provide you with the tools and account settings to access, modify, or delete the personal information that you provide to us and is associated with your account.
Revoking Permissions. If you change your mind about our ongoing ability to collect information from certain sources that you have already consented to, such as your location services, you can simply revoke your consent by changing the settings on your account or device. Similarly, you may revoke certain communication options through your account settings or by following the unsubscribe instructions of such messages. Remember that by revoking permissions you may lose full functionality of certain Services.
Account Deletion. If you no longer wish to use our Services, then you may delete your account by accessing this option in your settings.
Communicating with other users. It’s important to stay in control over whom you communicate with through our Services. You may choose to make certain activities private through your account settings on the Site. You may also choose to block users through the Site to avoid communication with a specific user.
Keep in mind that search engines and other third parties may still retain copies of your public information, even after you have deleted the information from the Services or deleted your account.
The security of your personal information is important to us. On your end, your You42 account information is protected by a password. It is important that you protect against unauthorized access to your account and information by choosing your password carefully, and keeping your password and computer secure, such as by signing out after using our Services.
On our end, You42 encrypts sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) using secure socket layer technology (SSL). You42 follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once You42 receives it. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You42 will only store your information for as long as it is necessary to provide Services to you and others. You42 may retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Please note that closing your account may not free up your email address or username, for reuse on a new account.
You may inform us of any changes or requests regarding your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under applicable data protection law, we may update or delete your personal data accordingly. We'll respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
The You42 is not directed to children under the age of 13. (In some countries, stricter age limits may apply. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 or under the applicable age limit (the “Age Limit”). If you are under the Age Limit, do not use the Service and do not provide any personal information to us. If you are a parent of a child under the Age Limit and become aware that your child has provided personal information to You42, please contact us at privacy@You42.com and you may request exercise of your applicable access, rectification, cancellation, and/or objection rights.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and you wish to remove publicly available content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes To This Policy
If you have questions or suggestions about personal information you can contact You42’s Support team by sending an email to email@example.com, or by writing to us at the following address:
202 Tribble Gap Rd, Ste 300
Cumming, Georgia 30040, USA
Effective Date: December 2, 2016